Bio-Sil Baobab Powder 150g
Baobab is the common name of the Adansonia genus of trees, a superfruit with both health and beauty benefits.The fruit is found inside hard pods that hang upside-down from the tree and has a citrus flavor
BIO-SIL’s baobab is pure organic and natural African superfruit with a citrus flavour.
Benefitas “Nature’s Multi Mineral” marvel
- Rich in Vitamin C (2-3 teaspoons provides 33% of daily Vitamin C requirement), contributing to healthy blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth.
- Strengthens immune system and increases iron absorption; energy booster which results in less tiredness / fatigue.
- High in both soluble and insoluble fibre (prebiotic) which is easily utilised by the body. Soluble fibre assists with slowed release of sugar into the bloodstream, thus reducing energy spikes. Baobab has traditionally been used in African populations to relieve diarrhoea, constipation and dysentery.
- Assists with bowel regularity. Helpful for weight management.
- Antioxidants are important in protecting, repairing and preventing cell damage. Anti-ageing by counteracting free radical damage to the skin which cause skin dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and premature ageing. According to the Journal of Nutrition, Baobab has the highest antioxidant content of any fruit. Anti-oxidants and Vitamin C contribute toward a radiant glowing skin.
Baobab fruit is also high in Vitamin A, B6 and bioflavonoids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, thiamine and zinc
How to prepare baobab powder
Simply eat by the spoonful or mix into a glass of juice or a bowl of yoghurt. Use as a flavourant in baking and desserts.
Try this delicious recipe:
- Baobab Smoothie (3 glasses)
- 500 ml coconut milk or half/half coconut milk / coconut cream
- Juice of one large pineapple or 1 litre pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint
- 10 g baobab powder
- 70 ml water
- 40 g coconut sugar
- Blend coconut and pineapple juice
- Boil water, dissolve sugar
- Mix in baobab powder until smooth
- Add to coconut / pineapple juice and blend until smooth
- Top with chopped mint
Baobab powder contains
Vitamin C 221 mg/100g
Potassium 2270 mg/100g
Calcium 401 mg/100g
Magnesium 148 mg/100g
Energy 481 kJ/100g – 113 kcal/100g
Protein 2 g/100g
Fat 0.2 g/100g
Carbohydrate 26 g/100g
Sugars 17 g/100g
Fibre 54 g/100g
Soluble Fibre 42 g/100g
Insoluble Fibre 12 g/100g
Antioxidants (Hydrophilic ORAC) ≥330 μmol TE/g