Dr Boxall’s Sceletium Tortuosum with Griffonia & Vit B6 60 Capsules
Sceletium Tortuosum Traditional Uses:
- Relieving stress & tension
- Lack of libido
- Anxiety disorders
- Premature ejaculation
- Mood enhancer
- Combats irritability
- Post traumatic stress disorder or before a stressful event
- Post drug induced depression (come down)
- Irritability in menopause
- Balance neuro chemistry and serotonin reuptake
- Boost energy and aid in concentration
- Bi Polar, attention deficit disorder (A.D.D), obsessive compulsive disorder (O.C.D.)
- Reducing addiction cravings of prescription & recreational drugs
- Stimulate empathy & connection in relationships & used in couple therapy
Chemistry and Pharmacological Research into Sceletium tortuosum
Historically, Sceletium tortuosum was chewed, smoked or used a s snuff, producing euphoria and alertness which gently fade into relaxation.
The mood elevating action of Sceletium is caused by a number of alkaloids including mesembrine, mesembrenol and tortuosamine. These alkaloids interact with the brain’s dopamine and serotonin receptors, also known as neurotransmitters, as a potent serotonin uptake inhibitor. As a serotonin uptake inhibitor, the brain is made proficient in reclaiming neurotransmitters from the neuron receptors to the originating nerves thus keeping more serotonin in circulation. Sceletium is known to have a balancing effect on other feel good neurotransmitters like dopamine, norepinephrine, and on adrenaline. Thus, mesembrine allows the brain to function with reduced levels of serotonin, allowing time for natural levels to build up with coping mechinisms. Sceletium is non – addictive, not hallucinogenic, and no severe adverse effects have been documented.
Sceletium tortuosum is one of nature’s strongest and most popular stress regulators and mood enhancers. It is non-addictive, non hallucinogenic. Combined with 5-HTP and VIT B6 makes this product very effective in treating conditions such as depression, stress and anxiety etc.